5.05.2008

Cannot Think of Age Appropriate Title

So after receiving 200 miles compensation I was unhappy with AA.com. Many people I work with were given 500miles plus 2 upgrades for the S-80 mess a few weeks ago. Here is the response from AA customer service.


------------------------


May 5, 2008

Dear Mr. Vinson:

Thank you for contacting us again. It gives us the chance to take another look at the
circumstances surrounding your experience. I have carefully reviewed your previous
communication (and our response) and I appreciate the opportunity to address your
concerns.

We regret that your flights were impacted the MD-80 inspection activity. We are not
unmindful of the related inconvenience to your travel plans. Nonetheless, the
compensation options recently mentioned in news reports were intended to mitigate the
negative impact for those customers who were stranded away from home. I apologize for
any confusion that may have been created by media reports or word of mouth. We
sympathize with your experience and we regret having to disappoint you further by
respectfully declining your request for additional compensation.

We know this situation was frustrating. Again, we apologize for the disruption of
your travel plans caused by the MD-80 inspections and the resulting flight
cancellations. Please fly with us again soon -- we'll do our best to get you to your
destination as planned.


Sincerely,

Tawnya M. Hendricks
Customer Relations
American Airlines



-----------------------------------


REALLY? "The compensation options recently mentioned in news reports were intended to mitigate the
negative impact for those customers who were stranded away from home." Is Orange County, CA away from home? Did I spend 2 days trying to get in contact with a customer service rep to get my flight home?

If only Delta had not pulled out of DFW airport. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be jumping off the local air carrier. "We know why you fly..."

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have yet to have a good experience with AA, I am a Southwest homer!