6.20.2005

My First Business Trip

I've been with my company for 5 weeks now and I just got back from my 1st business trip. My boss and myself went to Houston Saturday and Sunday to work with an organization. Let me tell you it was a blast. I had to book my first business flight, book my first rental car, book a room to stay in (and stayed in it alone). WOW!!! A lot of firsts. I know this might be a little over done, but this is something I have always wanted to do. I have finally done it.

Just think about it for a moment...what was your first overnight business trip like?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first business trip was quite hilarious. I worked for MCI, was young and dumb and flew to Denver for a meeting. The company paid for the airfare, reserved the hotel and provided airport transportation so I'm good to go right?

Wrong, when i checked into the hotel you could imagine my amazement that you needed a credit card for incidentals and I thought I was good to go with cash :-). Luckily my co-worker put his plastic down for me, but I really looked like a young buck.

Anonymous said...

Jlo

Anonymous said...

I remember mine too! Boy, I thought I was so cool only to find out I was too young to rent a car!! So, I had to go with an older co-worker in order to travel. I only had two months after that before I was old enough. In addition, I did not know after getting the hotel, the airfare, rental etc. that I actually had to have directions and know where I was going in this new city! Oh, the joys of working and traveling. Enjoy!! It will become a favorite time in your career...