9.28.2005

The Morning After...A Push

Ahh the morning after a new release...there's nothing like it!!! What happen last night? Did it go off without a hitch? What will our clients think about all the hard work and late hours we put in? How many bugs will be reported? How many people will email us and say, 'Why do you guys keep changing things?' How many people will call us and say, 'WOW!!! This is great!!! BUT now can you add this?!?'

It's funny, I find myself doing the same thing though. When a wonderful new piece of technology is released (e.g. Google Earth) and we play around with it but say, 'Man, that is awesome!!! Too bad you can't do ______!!!'

Just enjoy it. Look at all the wonderful new features (and the occasional bug that slipped past QA).

If I were one of our customers, I would think one of the coolest things about our product is that any and all updates are:
  1. Free
  2. Automatically updated when you login to the system
In fact, I don't know of any other place (other then TiVo) where you get free and or automatic updates...

Let's see...I'll have to go buy the new version of Quicken to get all of those updates. I'll have to go purchase Microsoft Longhorn (or whatever the next version's name is) I'll have to go buy a new car if I want updates...

Huh, interesting business model. Wonder if the individuals that use our product have ever thought about that...sounds like a great selling point.

No comments: