11.01.2005

COBRA...Snake

I knew it was going to happen.

I planned for it.

I even attempted a preemptive strike.

Our little Abbie was born 7/25/2005 (5 months ago) and we are still battling insurance companies.

When I left the hospital, I knew we were going to need COBRA to cover Abbie's birth. I called and called. 'Where is this?' 'When will we get that?'

It would be nice to have someone do all of this for me. Like a health insurance 'broker'. File everything on our behalf and follow up.

We don't have the time

Don't most people have someone they go to for investments? Watch this stock and when it hits X amount sell, sell, sell.

I want someone to do that with our health insurance.

'Here's the best PPO for your family. Open a HSA and put X amount in it..oh and here is the best one to use.'

Wouldn't that be nice!?!?!

2 comments:

Minnie said...

My old boss is a broker specializing in small group and individual health insurance (namely COBRA). He has staff that deals with all of the nightmare-ish phone calls and claims process. I'd be happy to pass along his info if you're interested.
minniehart at sbcglobal.net

Kristie Vinson said...

Ummm...honey. It's been 3 months.