2.17.2006

Rollover...

Well, I finally decided to rollover my old 401K to an IRA at Fidelity. After praying about it, seeking Godly counsel, and reading a few books, I have decided to take that retirement money and break it into thirds.
  • One third in Vangards Wellington Mutual Fund
  • One third will be invested in a 'sector' fund (TBD)
  • One third will be split between 5 individual stocks
Last night I placed all of my orders. Let's see how they will do. The five stocks are:
  • TRI - Triad Hospitals (already had these from previous employee stock option)
  • MXO - MAXTOR CORP NEW
  • ARNA - ARENA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
  • EDO - EDO CORPORATION NY
  • CROX - CROCS INC COM
I have also pledged to do at least 1 hour of home work each week on these to keep up on them.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Huh? Could you speak English please? Just kidding--I am so glad Terry does all of that stuff, otherwise we'd be retiring in a van down by the river...

Theresa said...

We just "readjusted" some of our accounts as well. Doesn't it feel good to have control of where some of your money goes. Good Luck w/ the stocks.

Kristie Vinson said...

I think I am in with Robin. I guess that is why I wasn't sought for my opinion. I would just say, Huh?