7.22.2005

Chocolate Chip Cookie #10

As stated previously on Life as a 20-Something, I am a huge Alton Brown fan. My wife on a whim one day bought me I'm Just Here For More Food and the baking began. Yes, I enjoy cooking. I would love to go to culinary school someday...eventually...so there. That being said, here's the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe (very simple and a big hit anywhere I've taken them (hope this isn't illegal or anything)).

The Dry Goods
All-purpose flour - 2 and 1/2 cups
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp

The Wet Works
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
Unsalted butter - 2 sticks (melted and slightly cooled)
Egg Yolks - 2 large
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp

The Extras
Chocolate chips - 2 cups

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  • Pulse all dry goods together in a food processor for 5 seconds (to sift) and move to bowl.
  • Whisk together all liquid ingredients, including butter and eggs.
  • Add the wet stuff to the dry stuff and mix just until batter comes together. Do NOT smooth.
  • Using a disher (or ice cream scoop) scoop portions onto a pair of ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheets. At this stage, the cookies can be frozen on the pans then moved to zip-top bags; they'll keep for up to 3 months
  • Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely (yeah right).
Let me know what you think!

No comments: