7.27.2005

First Night = DONE!!!

I just wish everyone could marry an amazing wife like I did. Have I said how wonderful she's doing with this whole 'motherhood' thing? WOW!!! God will provide is right!

In keeping with the tradition of this pregnancy (thank you God), the first night went very very well. I stayed up late with Abbie and gave her a bottle around midnight so Mom could get as much rest as possible. That worked out pretty well since we're nursing...one and a quarter ounces of formula = about 3 and a half hours of sleep...does that mean 2 ounces = 6 hours of sleep? j/k

Thanks for the prayers last night and thank you Robin & Terry for the fantastic Chicken Lasagna (was that cream cheese???(we need that recipe!!!))

It's official Abbie has taken over the blog for awhile...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again! Congratulations - it's official - you survived your first night...she's beautiful (and I think she looks like Kristie...sorry BV)

Anonymous said...

Brian & Kristie, A BIG congratulations to you guys! This is such blessing. I'm so excited for you. You'll be awesome parents!

The Nagel's

Robin said...

Cream Cheese indeed! Glad it turned out well. Also, glad the first night was a success. It's usually like the first step off a very tall cliff--it's a doosey!

Anonymous said...

you are so right, that first night can give you major butterflies...it's just the three of you and no button to push to call the nursery nurses...and you know what, even though I was one of those nursery nurses when I brought you home for the first night (and I was in the hospital then in the 80s for 5 days)...I was so scared. I wanted to do everything just right. Daddy was a big help to me..He was my calming factor. I see alot of him in you. You will be Kristie's calming factor...love, Grammy

Anonymous said...

BV-Work on that feeding schedule. It will bring much-needed sanity back to you lives when things get a little crazier. My wife has done a wonderful job of balancing the feeding a nap schedule. By 8 weeks both our boys were sleeping 7 hours straight at night and by 16 weeks 12 hours straight. I recommend a book called 'Preparation for Parenting' to help.